Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tapped In

I am currently in a session for Tapped In about Storytelling. I was kind of confused at where to go.. but apparently I figured it out somehow. So I find this kind of weird. Not really what I was expecting. Basically they are just discussing this website some guy's website (who's running the session). It's actually kind of a cool website though. It's an online make your own comic strip. This would be very appealing to kids and a fun way to get them to do creative writing. Here's the link : MakeBeliefsComix. Oh they just shared another interactive writing website. Bills Treasure Chest.

Well I guess I got two good websites from this. I don't feel I'm learning anything about the Art of Storytelling though.. which is what I was expecting. I thought this would help me become a better storyteller - like Patrick Louis. I also thought that it was going to be more of a lecture type dealy, but in a chat room.. however, it turns out that it's just people chatting about writing I guess. I feel that I'm reading a lot of the same responses too. They share a site and then I read 20 people saying, "this is great.. kids would like this.. cool.." I feel too disconnected and finding it hard to really pay attention.. probably why I'm blogging.. which probably isn't helping my concentration. Kind of a catch 22.

I was checking out this Tapped In site though and there are a lot of resources within it. There are links to sites and free resources available to teacher. I suppose this online seminar is a good idea in theory. I'll maybe have to try this out again.

Also, check out those two websites on writing because they're pretty cool.

No comments:

 
This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog