Wednesday, January 17, 2007

National Geographic Kids

Here's a website that I've come across a few times. It's the National Geographic for Kids. Great website! It has lots of animal facts, interactive games, video clips, education news section for kids, craft ideas and reproducibles for teachers.


http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/


Definately visit the 'Creature Feature'. (Click on the Animals Tab, then there will be an option to either click on Amazing Animals or Creature Feature). I really like this because you get lots of pictures of the animals, Facts, a video/sound clip, a map of where this animal is found in the world, an e-card and a 'printable version'. Really cool!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is a great website Tristan! I like how it cover all kinds of topics like animals, pirates, and the underground railroad. These would work for so many different units and so many different age levels.
I really liked the March of Penguins game. I taught my grade ones a unit about animals and we spent some time with penguins and this movie. This game would be great to incorporate with that unit.
Sarah

 
This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog